Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 10

Today was day 10; do you know what that means? Tomorrow I get MEAT!!! If you can't tell I am quite excited. Today wasn't bad with food cravings or anything but I know I'm not really eating what I should. I am eating a lot of fruits and not many veggies. Tonight I felt a little guilty because I had canned (oops) lentil soup and sweet potato fries. The fries are awesome! Seriously saved my cravings for real food yesterday and today. I don't know if I really recommend following the recipe I linked to because it's for 5 potatoes and like 1 cup of salt which just seemed way overkill to me. I cut up 2 sweet potatoes and added seasonings like I wanted (which was a lot less than the recipe called for) and they are fantastic. I added some cajun seasoning to have that cayenne pepper kick. You're only supposed to have a max of 1/2 of a sweet potato/day so this batch will be spread out over 4 or more days so I don't go over my max.

Anyway, today was fine. In all honesty I feel just like I did before I started, just hungrier and maybe a little more tired. Hopefully we see some decent benefits. I think I've lost a couple pounds, but not much. I should be working out some but I just don't feel like I have time to, my days are planned out for me from time time I wake up till I go back to bed... Oh well.

Sweet Potato Fries (Weeks One, two & three)
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. USE IN MODERATION. Maximum intake (1 small sweet potato a day)
• 1 cup sea salt
• 1/4 cup black pepper
• 1/4 cup garlic powder
• Olive Oil, for tossing
• 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch long slices, then 1/4-wide inch strips, using a crinkle cut knife
• 1 tablespoon seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper. In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough oil to coat. Sprinkle with House Seasoning and paprika. Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment