Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 17

No news is good news, right? I guess I haven't posted because I don't really have anything new to report. I figured I should post something tonight just because it's been a while since my last one.

Tonight I found out I really like wild rice. It has intimidated me to the point I haven't tried it until now. I mixed it 50/50 with brown rice, cooked it like normal and it was fantastic! Something they would do in Mexico a lot with our rice was add a banana or avocado to the rice. I know that kindof sounds gross but it was really good. I added a banana to my brown rice the other night and Laura looked at me wierd, tried a bite and added one to hers too. Anyway, I had a fresh pineapple all cut up so I figured I would try adding it to my rice and it was surprisingly really good as well. Just a thought.

Tomorrow I think I am going to make either Jambalaya or a vegetable soup... We'll see what I have time for.

If anybody has any questions please feel free to post a comment, I'll try my best to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment