Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Introduction

Tonight is my last night of being able to eat what I want, when I want for quite a while. Tomorrow morning I am starting a full body cleanse protocol from Standard Process. Here's a copy of the PDF if you want to take a look at it to see what I'm talking about...

So it is a 21 day diet and for days 1-10 I am only allowed to eat raw fruits and vegetables and take their pre-determined supplements that go along with the cleanse. One of these supplements, SP Cleanse, will be taken via pills at a whopping dosage of 21 pills a day! Holy cow, that's gonna be breakfast! Other supplements with the program include: SP Complete, SP Green Food, Gastro-Fiber and Whole Food Fiber. Anyway, I am a little aprehensive and also a little intimidated/anxious about this regemin. I do not have (or maybe utilize is the correct word) much self control when it comes to eating: I eat what and when I want. I love ice cream, I love having a can of coke now and then, I love a nice juicy steak, BBQ ribs is one of my favorite food groups... I will admit, I'm a little worried about going without so many things I really love.

Tonight I weighed myself (clothed in shorts and t-shirt) and am at 216.4 pounds. When I got married a little over 5 years ago I weiged about 180 pounds so I have put on a significant amount of weight. If it was muscle mass I wouldn't be upset but it is as far from that as possible. I don't really work out. I am in class for 7-10 hours a day and the rest of my day is spent having dinner with my family, playing with my kids and studying. If I were to work out I would have to replace something I'm doing and it would have to be time spent with my family and I'm just not willing to do that right now. I am going to try and bike at least 30 minutes 3-5 times per week while I'm studying. We'll see how that goes.

I ordered some whey protein to supplement the cleanse with just so I'm getting some protein in my diet but I will be taking minimal amounts of it and probably not for the first couple days.

Alright, I think that's about all! I am going to try to update this blog every night with my comments and experience; call it my journal if you will, I would just like some way of documenting this to be able to look back on the experience as a whole and on a day-to-day basis. I welcome comments from anybody and everybody so feel free. I am also leaving this blog public and am only inviting 1 person to the blog so anybody else reading this will be via word of mouth or sheer accident so I do not expect many readers at all (nor do I think I want many).

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment